MC Quintet Black S
The Quintet Black S is the best example of Quintet’s overall excellence
The MC Quintet Series is a direct result of our continued research and innovation
The MC Quintet Series is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration:
- A special ABS (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene) thermoplastic material is used for manufacturing of the body. This light-weight, impact resistant material is very suitable for injection-moulding and provides a very durable scratch resistant surface.
- Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output.
- Low internal impedance makes the cartridge less sensitive to load and therefore ensures compatibility with the widest range of preamps and transformers.
It is our aim to bring our customers many hours of new and surprising experiences in listening to their precious vinyl collection.
Each of the five Quintet Series cartridges has its own individual sonic expression, and all five models together represent the ensemble of five classic variations:
- MC Quintet Mono is a true mono cartridge for playing mono microgroove vinyl records
- MC Quintet Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth
- MC Quintet Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details
- MC Quintet Bronze adds even more details and resolution but in a very evenhanded way that pays respect to all elements
- MC Quintet Black S is the best of everything, true to the groove with resolution and accurate insight into each recording
- All Ortofon products come with a limited 1-Year warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship, effective from date of delivery. Please note that the warranty is void if the product is defaced or altered. Faulty items will be exchanged for the same type of product in the same color, subject to availability.
We offer FREE shipping for all orders shipped within SINGAPORE, with no minimum purchase required. Once you have made your online purchase with us, we will contact you the next business day to arrange the delivery timeslot.
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 0.3 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz - < 1.0 dB
Channel separation at 1 kHz - > 23 dB
Channel separation at 15 kHz - > 15 dB
Frequency range at - 3dB - 20 - 25.000 Hz
Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz - +/- 1.5 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 80 µm
Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 15 µm/mN
Stylus type - Nude Shibata on Sapphire cantilever
Stylus tip radius - r/R 6/50 µm
Tracking force range - 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
Tracking force, recommended - 2.3 g (23 mN)
*) Typical value
Tracking angle - 20°
Internal impedance, DC resistance - 5 Ohm
Recommended load impedance - > 20 Ohm
Cartridge body material - ABS/Aluminium
Coil wire material - Aucurum
Cartridge colour - Black
Cartridge weight - 9 g
What's in the Box
- 1 x Stylus brush, fibre
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x Stylus pressure gauge/Scale
- 2 x Screw M2,5 x 5