Data Conversion Systems (DCS) Rossini Digital-to-Analog Converter
This single-box digital music player features the legendary dCS Ring DACTM and signal processing platform plus a custom high performance UPnP music streamer.
Rossini plays music through an array of industry-standard USB, AES and S/PDIF digital inputs, and can stream over Ethernet from a NAS drive or online music services such as TIDALTM, SpotifyTM and from Apple devices via AirplayTM .
Designed for flexibility and ease of use without compromise, Rossini uses the very latest dCS Digital Processing Platform and Ring DACTM technology, originally developed for the flagship Vivaldi series. Its single FPGA brings improved signal processing and superior flexibility, effectively making it future-proof.
When listening to digital music through a Rossini system, listeners are immediately struck by its natural musicality and faithfulness to the original recording. It delivers a powerful and visceral sound yet is highly transparent too, making for an immersive and realistic listening experience. There’s no shortage of connectivity here. The DAC has all the usual inputs – USB, coax and optical – alongside less common items such as multiple AES/EBUs.
The asynchronous USB will cope with the full range of file formats up to 24bit/384kHz and double speed DSD, while coax tops out at 24bit/192kHz and optical is limited to the usual 24bit/96kHz.
Rossini’s firmware can be easily updated via CD, USB or the new automated download and update facility. This lets dCS add new features and improve the performance of Rossini over its lifetime.
• Type: Upsampling Network DAC.
• Color: Silver or Black.
• Dimensions (WxDxH): 444mm/17.5” x 435mm/17.2” x 125mm/5.0”. Allow extra depth for cable connectors.
• Weight: 15.6kg/34.3lbs.
• Converter Type: dCS proprietary Ring DACTM topology.
• Digital Inputs: Network interface on an RJ45 connector – Acts as a UPnPTM renderer in Asynchronous mode, streaming digital music from a NAS or local computer over a standard Ethernet network, decoding all major lossless formats including FLAC, WAV & AIFF at up to 24 bit 384kS/s native sample rate, plus DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DFF/DSF format. Other supported formats include WMA, ALAC, MP3, AAC & OGG. Some formats are limited to lower sample rates. Accepts data streamed from an iPod, iPhone or iPad via Apple AirPlay, 44.1 or 48kS/s only. Network Loop Out connector on a second RJ45 connector. USB 2.0 interface on a B-type connector operating in Asynchronous mode, will accept up to 24 bit PCM at up to 384kS/s plus DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DoP format. Operates in Class 1 or 2 mode. USB-on-the-go interface on type A connector operating in Asynchronous mode, streams digital music from a flash drive at up to 24 bit 384kS/s plus DSD/64 or DSD/128. 2x AES/EBU on 3-pin female XLR connectors. Each will accept PCM at up to 24 bit 192kS/s or DSD/64 in DoP format. Used as a Dual AES pair, it will accept PCM at up to 384kS/s, DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DoP format ordCS-encrypted DSD. 2x SPDIF on 1x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors. Each will accept PCM at up to 24 bit 192kS/s or DSD/64 in DoP format. 1x SPDIF optical on a Toslink connector will accept PCM at up to 24 bit 96kS/s.
• Analogue Outputs: Output levels: 2V or 6V rms for full-scale input, set in the menu. Balanced outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x 3-pin XLR male connectors (pin 2 = hot, pin 3 = cold). These outputs are electronically balanced and floating. Output impedance is 3Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (10k-100kΩ is recommended). Unbalanced outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x RCA phono connectors. Output impedance is 52Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (10k-100kΩ is recommended).
• Word Clock I/O: 2x Word Clock Inputs on 2x BNC connectors, accept standard word clock at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kHz. The data rate can be the same as the clock rate or an exact multiple of the clock rate. Sensitive to TTL levels. Word Clock Output on 1x BNC connector. In Master mode, a TTL-compatible word clock appears on this output.
• Residual Noise: 24-bit data: Better than -113dB0, 20Hz-20kHz unweighted. (6V output setting).
• L-R crosstalk: Better than -115dB0, 20Hz-20kHz.
• Spurious Responses: Better than -105dB0, 20Hz-20kHz.
• Filters: PCM mode: up to 6 filters give different trade-offs between the Nyquist image rejection and the phase response. DSD mode: 4 filters progressively reduce out-of-audio band noise level.
• Upsampling Rates: DXD as standard or optional DSD upsampling.
• Software Updates: Loaded from CD-R via PCM digital inputs or PC via USB input. Download and update functionality available via Rossini App.
• Local Control: dCS Rossini App for Unit Configuration and Music Playback. RS232 interface (controlled by a 3rd party automation system). IR remote control – dCS premium remote control available as an optional extra.
• Power Supply: Factory set to 230/240V AC, 49-62Hz.
• Power Consumption: 23 Watts typical / 28 Watts maximum.
Return & Refund Policy
• All Pre-Owned items have been tested before listing.
• NO WARRANTY.
• We encourage buyers to test and verify the equipment condition at our showroom (1 Coleman Street, The Adelphi, Unit 03-35) — pre-owned condition as shown on our listed page.